Thursday, June 24, 2010

Part 7

“Don’t you guys have to like, leave and go back to Pittsburgh?” I asked as I opened the door to my house, and made my way inside, everyone piling in after me. I had put my equipment in the garage to air out already. Setting the keys on the small side table, I looked to them, then to Carly, then back to them.

“Nope, well, we aren’t leaving now, tomorrow in the early afternoon. So, you’ve got me for one more night!” Max spoke and smirked.

I rolled my eyes. “Great…”

I looked around, then to Carly. “So, food is in the fridge obviously. Don’t break anything or you’re paying for it, and clean it up before I wake up in the morning, night.” I spoke to Carly, and started to walk away when I felt Carly’s grip on my shoulder, her eyebrows raised.

“Oh no, you have to stay up. I don’t care if you’re tired.” She spoke, and I sighed

“Fine, but I’m taking a shower first.” I spoke, and looked to the guys. “Don’t get any ideas.” Then, I was on my way up the stairs and up to my room to take a shower.

After I had taken a nice long hot shower, I quickly dried my hair and pulled on a pair of jeans, a pair of socks, a random blue t-shirt and a comfortable grey hoodie. Carly would probably get angry at me for not look good in her eyes or something, but I was comfortable, this was my house, and I really didn’t care. I wasn’t going to waste an hour and straighten my wavy hair anyways. I was just going to plan on sneaking off to bed.

I made my way down the stairs, and I heard the music blasting from in the basement. Carly must have put the guys, the hockey team, and herself down there. I looked around, and made my way to the kitchen where I got a glass of water, and then made my way to my back door where I quickly stepped outside. It was pretty nice out for February, above zero. I smiled to myself, and hurried back inside, grabbing the shed keys, a lighter, pulling my black tall ugg boots on my feet, a red toque with snowflakes and a pompom on the top onto my head, and my mitts on my fingers. Then, I made my way outside into my backyard.

Once I had gotten the kindling, a few logs, and the newspaper from the shed, I brought it over to the fire pit and started to construct a campfire. How could you not want to be outside when it’s this nice out? You might look at it as its cold out, or you could look at it hot for February. I’d rather not be in a basement stuffed full of sweaty people.

After I had built my campfire, I took the lighter and lit it. The flames were wonderful, nice and warm on my chilled face. I smiled to myself, and sat down on the comfortable bench. Just watching the fire, and calming myself. Luckily, my hangover had gone away by now, so no more headaches.

Then, I remembered I had marsh mellows, chocolate, and graham crackers in the kitchen, and I smiled to myself. I hadn’t had a smore in a while, and I deserved it. Well, okay. It wasn’t the healthiest thing in the world, but it made me happy. That counts for something right?

I made my way away from the toasty warmth of the fire, and towards the back door of my house. My boots making imprints in the small amount of snow that was covering the ground. I hadn’t made a snowman yet this year, which, hopefully we’d get more snow so I could do so. Oh, and have a snowball fight with Carly. I needed my revenge.

I reached the back door, and turned the door knob, making my way inside the warm house. I decided to leave my boots, toque, and mitts, on as I made my way to the kitchen, leaving small puddles of water on the floor from the snow. I probably should have cleaned it up, but everyone was downstairs anyways. It’s not like someone was going to slip or anything.

As I rounded the corner and into the kitchen, I found half of my hockey team sitting there, huddled up, and hiding it seemed. I watched them, and then looked around. Where was everyone else? I turned back to my teammates, and raised an eyebrow. “What’s going on?” I spoke loud enough, which got me a ‘shush’. Were they really playing hide and seek? Wow, at least this time I wasn’t the one feeling embarrassed.

I giggled and smirked, which caused me to get another ‘shush’ out of the team. Then, I quieted down a bit, watching them. Then, I looked around. Wait, if they were playing hide and seek, did that mean people were hiding all over my house and in my bedroom where there are posters of NHL hockey players, specifically the ones that are actually in my house right now? Oh shit. Once again, I felt embarrassed.

That smirk quickly left my face, and I glanced around nervously. My teammates giving me odd looks, then they started to smirk. Oh jeez, why did we all have to see eye to eye? They started to quietly giggle as I ran out of the kitchen, and up the stairs, boots still on trailing water through my house.

I stood there at the top of the stairs, looking around. It was quiet and dark. Maybe they weren’t up here. I made my way down the hall. Glancing around, and soon enough I made it to my bedroom. Slowly, I opened the door. Everything was quiet, and I didn’t hear anyone. That was a relief, but where was everyone?

I stepped through the doorway, and into my room. Looking around, I scanned the room. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary at first glance. I slipped off my boots when I realized they were still on, and headed over to my bathroom. I quickly poked my head inside, and everything seemed normal. I smiled to myself, and then turned around, facing my room again.

That’s why I noticed the blankets that covered my bed moving. I shock my head. Just when you thought everything was normal, something always happened. I made my way over to my bed, and lifted up the blanket, revealing Carly, Jordan, and Kris who were hiding under my bed. How could they even fit under there? I watched them, and looked to the door, then back to them. Jordan was grinning.

“I like your posters.” He spoke, and smirked. Oh how much he felt like an older brother. Oh haha, look at that, I was in the perfect place to kick him in the head right now too.

“Shut up. I bet you have all the same posters up in your room too.” I spat, getting a small laugh from Kris and a glare type smile look from Carly, another point for Kelli. Too bad Jordan just smirked and rolled his eyes.

“So, who are you hiding from?” I asked, looking around then back to the three.

“Max.” Carly spoke and I grinned. Of course he would be it. He’s way too loud to hide. That’s like putting a great white shark in a tiny fish bowl. It just doesn’t fit, literally.

I could hear someone coming up the stairs and I grinned. Looking to the three under the bed, I smiled. “Well have fun, I’ll try not to make too much noise.” I spoke, and left my room.

As I made my way around the corner, I found myself staring at a large body who was Geno, and he smiled. I smiled back, and looked around, then back to him. “Where’s Max?” I whispered, and he gave me a funny look, then realised I was talking about the game of hide and seek that was going on, and the confused look left his face.

“He’s in the basement with Sid.” Geno answered quietly, and watched me as I thought this over for a moment. So, Max was too lazy to go find everyone eh? I was kind of in the mood to get into a little argument, or, at least be stubborn. I kind of liked to get reactions out of people, even if they were bad ones. I don’t know why, I just liked to push people buttons.

“C’mon.” I spoke as I took Geno’s hand, pulling him away. He seemed fairly happy, or excited I was taking him somewhere, but when he realized we were going to the basement where Sidney and Max were, you could tell he wasn’t as happy about that.

I opened the door, and made my way down the stairs with Geno following behind me. I got a look from Max that had his eyebrows raised and a smirk plastered on his mouth. Jeez, maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to come down here. “You know, if you’re too lazy to go find everyone, you can always call olly olly oxen free, you know, so they’ll stop hiding.” I spoke, and then looked around my fairly messy basement. It definitely wasn’t like this earlier.

“But then there would be more people down here, and less room for me to lie across this couch.” Max spoked, and smirked, looking to Geno for a second who went and sat down on the other couch with Sid. Then, Max looked to me, or, looked me over. “What’s with the toque?” He added, grinning.

I lifted my hand to my head, and pulled the toque off of my head, looking at it for a few moments, then back to Max. “This is Toronto; we’re gangster here, so we like to wear toques, even in the summer. Ever been to Rexdale, or Jan n’ Finch? It’s pretty sweet there.” I grinned, and watched Max, then looked to Geno and Sid. No one was laughing, or, smiling for that matter. I guess you had to be from Toronto to get it, even if it wasn’t that funny in the first place.

I shrugged, and looked around. Beer bottles, red plastic cups, and other bottles were around. Chips were in bowls, and nothing seemed to be broken. This actually seemed pretty mild to what Carly usually did whenever she was over at my house. This was good.

Then, I looked to my hat again, and back to Max, then to Sid, and then to Geno, that’s when I remembered why I had this toque on in the first place, and why I had come inside. “Oh shit!” I yelled, and ran up the stairs, putting the hat on my head. When I got to the back door, and my boots weren’t there, I was confused and couldn’t remember where I had put them, so I threw on a pair of sandals and slipped my sock covered feet into them, heading out the door and through the snow to the dire pit.

The fire was still lit, and although the flames weren’t as big as they were before, nice coals had formed beneath the fire, perfect for smores. I grinned, happy that this had all worked out, and then I looked to my feet, which were cold, even if I had socks on, and I headed back through the snow, and made my way inside.

As I walked through the door, I think every living person in my house must have been staring at me, even Jordan, Carly, and Kris had come out from under my bed. I hadn’t yelled that loud, had I? Oh well. I just looked at them, and made my way around them to the kitchen, where I picked up the gram crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows, and headed back over to the back door, where everyone was still watching me, and Carly was starting to laugh. I looked down to my feet, where I was still wearing socks in sandals, and looked to everyone. Ah, whatever. I’ll get my boots later.

“Anyone want a smore?” I asked, and that caused everyone to start laughing. Fine, whatever, they can make their own then if they’re going to laugh at me.

“How can you go outside like that? It’s freezing!” Amy spoke, and I smirked. That’s why I built a fire, and that’s why I want a smore. Some people just don’t think do they?

“I built a fire, and it’s not that cold. Plus, I’ve got warm clothes on...” I looked to my sandals and socks, then back to Amy. “…sort of.” I added, and then glanced around, looking to Geno who was smiling, then to the rest of the team. “Okay, bye.” I spoke, then headed out the door, and made my way through the snow once again, and out to the fire pit. Then, I put a couple more pieces of wood on it, and set my ingredients down on the bench, just watching the fire while I heard people piling out of my house, and then I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. It was definitely a nice night.


---

Sorry it took me so long to update! I've been really busy with exams and stuff, but now it's pretty much summer, so, more updates will come. :) I can't promise every day, but I'm hoping every three days. Eventually, I'm hoping everyday though. :]

So, share your ideas, opinions, etc.. Anything you want. I always like to improve. (:

Fixed the grey comments. XD Now they are readable!

4 comments:

  1. Fires outside in February... brrrrrr. I lived in Toronto for a couple of years and can't even imagine it. But then I'm a first class wimp when it comes to the cold, I'll wait for July before I venture out for a late night bonfire!
    Good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo for an update! Sorry, I'm really behind with commenting with so many stories - silly African internet. Anyway I loved this and I can't wait to see more... ps I'll play hide and seek under the bed with them anytime

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI I WaS JUST WONDERING WHO IS THE MAIN CAHARACTER IN THIS IS THIS A MAX TALBOT STORY OR A GENO STORY ?????????????????????????????????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. EleaStories

    Haha. I don't have the guts to do it either. XD Lol.
    Glad to be back. (:

    India

    Oh that's okay. (: I've been slow updating and reading stories too.
    I'm glad you liked it!
    I'd play hide and seek too. X)

    Anonymous

    The main character is Kelli pretty much. It's a Geno story.

    ReplyDelete