Sunday, May 2, 2010

Part 2

With only three minutes left on the clock, it was looking pretty good for our high school team. The score at three to two, and we were winning. Of course, anything could happen, but still. The other team looked dead tired and just couldn’t seem to keep up with us anymore, and, we were feeling pretty confident in ourselves. It was pretty early in the season, and another win would just make us feel even better about ourselves. For once, it felt like we had pretty much everything in the world.

With a minute left in the third period, one of the lines came off for a rest, and it was Carly’s and my turn to put on a show again. With our skates touching the ice, blades making groves, we were passed the puck, and the two of us headed off down the ice. Carly and I ready to go coast to coast again.

I had the puck, and deke around one of their defence, then gave a nice pass to Carly, who then deked around one of their forwards and held onto the puck. Then, I shot forward. Skating a head, loving the air as it pushed against my face as I loved the feeling of going fast. It just made you feel powerful, free, controlling. Totally different then I felt off the ice.

I glanced to Carly, who made it past their blue line. Watching the defence men on her side, I skated to the net, and before they could get the puck off of Carly, she quickly passed to me, and as soon as I got the puck I took a wrist shot, and the puck landed top right. It was perfect, and we were grinning ear to ear. Both our sticks up in the air and hugging each other as our other teammates that were on the ice came over and did the same. The game now over, even with fifteen seconds left in the game.

As I took the last faceoff, and won the draw, passing it to Carly, who skated around one of the other teams players, and then dumped the puck into their end as the buzzer went. Huge smiles on everyone’s faces. We all huddled around the goalie as we congratulated her, shook hands with the other team, then headed off to the dressing room where the coaches spared a few words, then left us to get dressed and leave.

That was what was so great about high school hockey. You got to get out of school work during the day to play hockey. Do something you loved. Who could ask for anything more? Sure, the teachers gave you a hard time for being away so much, but really, when was I going to need to know science? I certainly hoped not in the near future. To tell you the truth, I’d rather figure skate then learn science, and that was something my mom put me in when I was like, four, making me miss out on a few years of hockey.

Putting our hockey bags back into Carly’s car as she was a year older then myself and had her full license, we drove out of the rink parking lot. Hitting the road, and heading towards my house where Carly would drop me off to quickly let me get ready as she did the same. We figured it would be faster, even though she’d have to stop for me. Actually, it probably wasn’t faster, but I let Carly use her math skills to figure it out and well, I just figured it would be better to give her some confidence. Maybe she’d open her textbook once in a while if she thought math could come in handy.

A took a quick shower and blow dried my chestnut coloured hair and pulled my side bangs up as I hated when they got in the way. My hair though, I just left it in its natural wavy glory, even though I would have straightened it if I had time. Then, I slipped on a pair of worn, faded blue jeans, although, I would have worn a different pair, but they were comfy, and we were just going to a hockey game. Besides, they made my butt look good anyways. However old they were.

Finally, I slipped a white tank top over my head, followed by my Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, and my running shoes. Yah, I kind of looked plain if you really thought about it, but, if you looked at it from a hockey fans point of view, I fit in perfectly, which, was what I was going for really. I never really had the urge to stand out in life, unless I was on the ice.

Grabbing a small duffle bag, I placed my skates inside. Still having no idea why Carly told me to bring them. Of course, I had completely refused at first. Why would I bring them downtown Toronto where they could get stolen? Or where someone could find them and attack me with? Well, something terribly wrong could happen! In the end though, Carly of course talked me into it, and as I placed my skates in that small duffle bag, I sure hoped I wouldn’t regret it.

Carly picked me up not too long after I was ready, and we headed down the highway and to downtown Toronto. Blasting music and singing along as we went. A few of the songs were by Nickelback, but no one had to know that of course. You never knew who you could trust about saying you liked Nickelback. Sometimes people laughed or gave you a funny look, and other times people agreed with you. It was a strange world.

Driving up to the ACC, we soon found a parking spot as we were extremely early, which, bothered me because I had already told Carly I didn’t want to eat at a restaurant nor did I want to wait in her car for four hours. All she did was smirk at me though, told me to grab my duffle bag, and we were headed off inside the rink as we showed one of the security guards our passes.

As we headed down a hall, and a few others, we were directed to ice level, where, sitting on the Leafs bench were two hockey sticks, a puck and two pairs of gloves, which were obviously for the two of us. I raised an eyebrow at Carly. “How many people does you dad know? And, I think he should get a divorce because I want to marry him.” I spoke, laughing and giggling as I got shoved by Carly, who herself was grinning. “Just put the dame skates on before I change my mind about this.” She smirked. Sitting down, and starting to lace up her skates. I did the same, and pulled off my jersey, leaving only my white tank top on which hugged my toned curves as I knew I would be sweating a bit after this thanks to Carly.

Carly was on the ice, skating around and watching me as I stood there at the door, just staring at the ice. I could almost see my reflection. “It’s so….” I thought of the right word to fit, but I couldn’t come up with one. “Pretty.” I stated, and made a sour face, which made Carly laugh. “Yah, it almost looks like you want to make out with it!” She yelled, laughing, which, made me laugh. “Oh, you’re going to be the one laughing when I beat your ass!” I yelled, skating off with her. The ice did feel amazing, and, well, I almost could make out with it.

After we had skated around for a few minutes, Carly made her way back over to the bench where she pulled out her iPod dock and ipod. Placing it on the top of the bench boards, then hitting play. The song Sideway by Dierks Bentley started to play and I knew she had put it on just because of what I was wearing. “Haha. Very funny, can we play now?” I asked, smirking. Carly just watched me and smiled, and, of course, she just had to sing, and, by the end, I was singing, or, yelling too.

“Hey girl what's your name?

It's so loud in here I can't hear a thing

But I sure do like your style

And I can see you came to rock

In your blue jeans and white tank top

Man that look drives me wilddd!!!”

We were red faced, laughing, and about ready to just start rolling around on the ice like idiots. But, instead we decided to actually start playing. We both headed to centre ice, and had no referee so we did nhl. “N. H. L!” We yelled, and I swiped the puck away from Carly, and was racing off down the ice. Pretty much, we weren’t playing for goals, but who could keep the puck away from the other for the longest. It was fun for me, but not as much fun for her, but, she still liked to try and beat me.

“Haha! Catch me if you can for I’m not the ginger bread man!” Which, didn’t really make sense when I said it but it stopped Carly long enough to laugh once again as I skated down to the other end (which I was surprised I could make my way down it that fast as I was around five foot) and was laughing at her. Little did she or I know we had company though, and not the company that you don’t care about either, the kind that you would sell your house for them to just walk in it.

As she skated towards me, I grinned, and did some fancy move through her legs, then skating around her and skating away backwards. “Haha. Maybe I am the ginger bread man, but a woman, because I’m not a man.” I spoke, the giggled. The look on her face was hilarious. It was like she was frozen, in shock or something, which, I couldn’t believe I had that effect on her. That had never happened before. It was like she was staring right past me.

Laughing at her, I smirked as I’m on a Boat by the Lonely Island came on. “Ha! It’s my favourite song. Now I get to sing it and beat you at hockey at the same time!” I smirked, and starting to dance. Belting out the words…

(Shawty) Aww shit
Get your towels ready it's about to go down (yeah, shawty)
Everybody in the place hit the fuckin deck (yeah, shawty)
But stay on your motherfuckin toes
We runnin this, let's go

I'm on a boat (I'm on a boat)
I'm on a boat (I'm on a boat)
Everybody look at me cause I'm sailin on a boat (sailin on a boat)
I'm on a boat (I'm on a boat)
I'm on a boat
Take a good hard look at the motherfuckin boat (boat, yeah)…”

I continued through the song like that, doing some weird dance that consisted of something between the Soulja Boy, something MC Hammer would do, and shaking my but and hips. Finally, the song ended, and Carly still had the same look on her face and hadn’t moved. “Oh, c’mon. I’ll go easy on you!” I yelled. Listening as a Justin Bieber’s songs, Eeenie Meenie, came on next. I cringed. “Oh god I hate that kid. Turn it up!” I yelled grinning from ear, then watching as Carly stood there, still frozen, waiting for her to head over to the bench and turn it up. When she didn’t though, I was pretty confused when the music was turned up as there was no way possible unless some one was on the bench.

I froze, and turned to face the bench which my back was to, and stared. Now, I knew Carly was definitely not shocked at me. I looked to Carly, then to the four guys who were staring at me from the bench. Huge smirks on their faces, and looks in their eyes that I couldn’t even explain. Looking to Carly, she started to slowly skate over to me. Completely quiet which was not like her, and more like me. Oh boy, what the show I put on for these guys.

I stared at them, not sure what to say. “Hi.” I squeaked out, and watched as their smirks grew even bigger. Looking to Carly who had made he way beside me, and we were now looking at Sidney Crosby, Jordan Staal, Evgeni Malkin, and Maxime Talbot with just a hockey bench to separate us.

“Can you do that again?” Yah, you may have guessed that those words came out of Max’s mouth, with a smirk still plastered on his face and an eyebrow raised, and staring at me, then looking to Carly, and back to me. “Can she do that too?” He asked, and laughed, which then caused Jordan to join in with him laugh while Sidney and Geno just smirked.

Of course, I blushed, which then caused Carly to laugh, turning back to her old self. “To tell you the truth, I don’t think I could even attempt to do that. But, if you can get her into the right mood, maybe, just maybe, something along those lines will happen again because one time-“ I faced palmed, which, was probably one of the weirdest things I could do. Oh joy, the impression I must have been making. I glared at Carly, and elbowed her, and then she elbowed me back, smirking. “Cat fight!” Max yelled, which caused all four of them to laugh, and Carly laughed too. Oh boy. Why me?

I looked to Carly, and tried to think of an excuse to get myself out of this situation, even though there were four hockey gods standing in front of me. “Uh, Carly, we should go... I have... homework.” Then, I realised how stupid I sounded, and Carly looked at me, grinning, and giving me a look that said ‘did you really just say that?’ while I looked around the rink, sighing, the back to the four guys. Not sure what to do now.

They just watched us and were holding back more laughs. I looked to Carly. Please say something that will get me out of this. When she didn’t say anything, I looked to Max, and noticed he looked like he was going to say something else. Oh no. “Nice shirt.” He winked, and laughed a bit, and you know what, I was starting to get annoyed with him, even though he was complimenting me in some sort of way.

I watched him, and then I started to speak. “Glad you like.” I reached over the bench, and grabbed my Leafs jersey, slipping it over my head. “I like this one better.” I spat, and smiled innocently, skating away. He wasn’t grinning any more, he looked kind of shocked as his team mates laughed at him.

I felt different, and it felt good. Oh what I nice pair of skates could do for your confidence. Besides, I didn’t want to waste this make out worthy ice. Whoever Carly’s dad worked for, he must of spent a ton of money to get this ice for us, and I didn’t want to waste our time.

I skated over and grabbed the puck, skating around with it and shooting in the end. Hoping Carly would ignore them too, even though I knew she wouldn’t. “She’s not usually like this…” Carly spoke, and glared at me then looked back to them. “That’s okay, I like her this way.” Jordan spoke this time, and smirked, making Max laugh and Sid and Geno grin again. Oh how I wish I could just fire a puck at that bench right now, even though that didn’t make any sense as I had posters of these guys in my room at home. Oh jeez, please don’t tell them about that Carly.

I just stood there now, watching them. Not sure what else to do. I just looked around the rink. Tipping my head back, I looked up. I hadn’t realized until now how big it was. It was sort of cool. I kept staring at the ceiling, reading the banners that hung from it.

“What she doing?” Geno asked, pointing to me and smirking. Carly looked at me and laughed. “Oh, I don’t know. Sometimes she gets stuck in her own little world. It’s fun to snap her out of it though, she’ll either give you this weird smile that looks like she’s drunk, or she’ll be really pissed at you. Either way, she gives you a weird look.” Carly smiled, and giggled, causing them all to keep grinning, until Sidney started to speak. “Okay, I think you should leave her alone now. Besides, I bet she could make you cry by beating you at hockey Max.” He spoke, and grinned, causing Max to grin. “Oh, you wanna bet mon amie?” Max looked to Carly and smiled “Mind if we play?”

I kind of zoned out while I was reading the banners on the ceiling, so when I was tapped In ass with a hockey stick, I just about fell over when I saw them on the ice.

---

Yah, so, part 2! Still have no idea where this is going. Rofl. So, I'd love to hear your ideas, or what you think should happen here. :) Hopefully this wasn't too bad. Haha.

Thanks for reading! :D

2 comments:

  1. Great! Funny and interesting too. Hopefully she'll take Max down. Part 3 please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! :D
    Ha. I just noticed a few errors in there. But, I wrote it better then I thought I would at three in the morning. ;D
    Part three will be coming hopefully today at some time. :]

    ReplyDelete