Sunday, May 9, 2010

Part 4

It was the second period, the Leafs were up by one luckily, which, kept me in a pretty good mood. Earlier, during warm-ups, Sid and Geno were pretty much off in their own little worlds, but Max and Jordan were fooling around and stuff, especially when they came near us. It was fairly funny, but soon the game started after the anthems were sung, and the first period was underway, with neither team scoring, both teams deep in focus now.

Back to the second period though, five minutes in, Tyler Bozak scored and the whole crowd roared. Carly and I jumping up and down, screaming with them and happy as could be. Hugging each other, we looked to Fleury, then to the bench, where the Pens heads hung low. It was kind of sad, but, when the Leafs were playing, I always cheered for them, whoever was on the other team. The atmosphere at the Leafs games was amazing, another reason why I loved it, especially when the Leafs were winning.

As the second period dragged on, the Pens got a goal. Geno had scored, receiving an assist was Max. Both of them took quick glances in our direction and had these smiles on their faces as they made their way to the bench with their teammates. I for one was a bit disappointed. I really, really wanted the Leafs to win, especially on my birthday.

About half way through the period, Carly looked at me, and I knew that face. She was definitely up to something. I watched her, raising an eyebrow, and she smirked, laughing. I looked back to the game, ignoring her, and saw that it was time for a commercial break. Looking back to Carly she giggled, then pointed up to the screen, where my face and hers were located, along with text that read “Happy 17th Birthday Kelli!”. I looked back to her, glared at, then looked around, seeing eyes were located on me, I sighed. Oh, and just my luck, what happened next? Of course the announcers had to come on too. “Everyone, wish happy birthday to Kelli who turns seventeen today!.” Looking to Carly again, I shook my head, not amused with this at all as I watched her laughing. I pulled the baseball cap with the Leafs emblem on it that I had bought before the game, and luckily I had so I could hide my face. Oh why did she always have to do these things to me?

Looking to Carly, she was still grinning, and took the hat off my head, keeping it away form me. I rolled my eyes at her, and turned my attention back to the ice, where, unfortunately there was still a commercial game going on and the writing was still on the screen above centre ice. I looked back to Carly. “You might as well just give everyone my phone number too now!” I spoke, completely freaked out. I’ve always been shy. I couldn’t really help it. Looking to Carly, she smirked. “Okay… If you say so...” Carly stood up, glanced around, then started to yell “HEY! Anyone who’s free after the game call 416-255-“ I pulled her down, covering my her mouth with my hand, and glared at her, while she laughed her head off. “Thanks, thanks so much.” I spoke, looking back to the ice where the referees, all the players, and practically everyone was laughing and smiling too. Oh yah, this has sure been one of the most interesting nights of my life.

Luckily, the commercial break ended soon after and everyone was focused on the game again, leaving me to worry about it as well. The Leafs were playing well, but of course, usually in the second period there were playing sloppy, and the Pens got another goal, leaving the Leafs down 2-1. Now, I was a bit unhappy. I hated when the Leafs lost. As the second period ended, and they were still down, and Carly and I sat in out seats, waiting for the final period to begin.

Five minutes into the third period, the Pens scored again, and my mood dropped again. I just sat there, watching, annoyed. Then, seven minutes before the end of the period, the Pens scored once again, making the score 4-1, and I knew it was over. I sighed, slumping, leaning back in my seat. Carly watched me and sighed. She knew how sad I got when the Leafs lost, and, she never really understood, but, she had enough smarts to leave me alone. I couldn’t really explain why I got pissed off, I guess it’s just that loosing sucks and I know how they felt.

As the final buzzer went, the Leafs hurried off to their dressing room and so did the Pens, the Leafs loosing 4-1. I sat there, and sighed, looking to Carly who was watching me. “Sorry they lost.” She spoke and glanced around. I nodded, and smiled a bit. “That’s okay, thanks for everything. Best birthday ever! Except for that incident in the second period, I could have lived without that.” I smirked, and she laughed. “I don’t think I could have lived without it though.” I smirked, and sighed, glancing around then back to her. “Want to go for one last skate while we wait for the traffic to let up?” Carly spoke, looking to me and smiling. I nodded. “Of course! Probably will be the last time I step foot on this ice again!” We quickly grabbed out stuff, and made our way down the crowded hallways and such to the benches, ready to skate one last time.

We laced up our skates, and Carly was the first out on the ice again, skating around. Once again, I stood by the door, staring at the ice. “It doesn’t look as pretty as it did the first time.” I spoke, and looked to Carly, who rolled her eyes. “C’mon and get on the ice.” I sighed, and made my way on the ice, skating around.

I paused for a minute and looked to Carly. “What if we cursed the Leafs when we were on the ice earlier? What if we caused them to loose? Oh no! What if we cause them not to win the Stanley Cup for a hundred years more! I’ll never be able to see it in Toronto unless we got to the Hockey Hall of Fame but, you know what I mean right?! We seriously have to get off the ice right now! Seriously!” I spoke, and looked like a frantic idiot as I spoke, and Carly laughed at me, as I watched her. “Don’t you get it? We cursed them!” I spoke, and turned around, ready to get off the ice as I looked to the bench, and of course, I found Max and Geno were watching us. Max laughing, Geno smiling. Not sure if he could completely understand what I had been talking about, but I’m sure just my body language made me a complete laugh.

I watched them, and got a bit angry as I watched their smirks. I thought this day would have been better, and it was, I was just in one of my moods, so, I was kind of ruining it. “Jeez, why do you always have to show up?” I made my way to the bench, pushing past them and sitting down where I started to untie my skates as Carly skated over. Looking to Geno and Max giving them an apologetic smile as I knew they were, a bit confused. I looked to them, and the three of them were watching me, and I glared. “What? Leave me alone. I feel like punching something.” I spoke, and noticed how, weird it sounded I looked back to my skates, untying the other one.

“She’s just angry the Leafs lost, she gets like this. Something about knowing how the feel…” Carly spoke and I glared at her. “Yah, exactly like that. Now let’s go. I’ve got a lot of homework...” I spoke, slipping on my shoes and started to walk past the three of them when Geno took a hold of me, and obviously, I couldn’t get away as he was much bigger then me. “Hey. Seriously, I’ll punch you.” I spoke and glared at him as he held my arms, smirking at me. “Go head.” I watched him, but I couldn’t punch him. That smile of his, those eyes, jeez, he was like a puppy. I gave up, and looked to them. “Sorry. But seriously, I have homework. C’mon Carly!” Carly rolled her eyes. “It’s Saturday. You can do your precious homework tomorrow.” Geno was still holding my arms, tightly, I might add. I gave her props for knowing I would try to leave again. I sighed, completely giving up this time. Sitting down on the bench, and soon Jordan had appeared.

I looked to Jordan, a smirk on his face as he looked to Max, Geno, and Carly. I felt like I was being babysat. I glared at him as he smirked at me, crossing his arms over his chest. “Leave.” I spat, and, I just got a laugh from him. “You’re like one of those terriers, small and feisty.” Jordan replied, causing everyone to laugh. Jeez, could they not see I was upset? I rolled my eyes. I wasn’t acting very nice at all, and it made me sad, but Carly knew how I was with hockey, why couldn’t she just lay off? I sighed, looking to the ground, hoping they’d leave. I seriously didn’t want to get any meaner. I was acting like something I really wasn’t today, and it was bothering me.

A few moments later, I felt two arms snake around me, taking me in a hug; I looked up to fine Geno with a soft smile on his face “Happy Birthday.” Geno spoke in his thick Russian accent, and hugged me. I hadn’t been hugged, well, I don’t know the last time I had a real hug. I never hugged my parents. It was just something I didn’t do. Whenever someone gave me a hug, it never really was a real hug. They never really meant anything, this, this hug was different though, and I could feel my legs getting weaker, and I felt like crying. I never cried, and I certainly didn’t want to here. They’d probably think I was a freak from all the things they’d witnessed form me today. Instead, I just stood completely still and tense like always, in hiding.

“You tense.” Geno spoke, un wrapping his arms from me, looking to the others. Carly sighed, and then smirked. “K, c’mon grumpy. I’m taking you to get some alcohol.” She spoke, grinning. “Can we come? We’re very good at celebrating things.” Max spoke, grinning, and Jordan nodded. Both of them laughing, and Geno smiled. I looked to Carly. “You know me, I don’t really want…” That got me a shove from Carly. “Too bad, you’re coming, and I’ll carry you if I have to.” She spoke as she made her way off the ice, un tying her skates and slipping on her shoes. “No, it’s okay, I’ll... wait in the car.” I sounded like a ten year old kid who didn’t want to go into the grocery store. Carly rolled her eyes and smirked. “Better yet, I’ll get them to carry you.” Carly spoke, grinning, and I looked to the guys. Smirks on their faces, and I was sure I didn’t want them to carry me. Who knows where they’d take me. “Fine, but I’m not drinking anything.” I spoke, crossing my arms over my chest. Max laughed, ruffling my hair. “Girls are so cute when they’re angry.” I watched him, uncrossing my arms and standing up as they all started to walk away. “Hey! Come back so I can punch you!” I spoke, headed after them.

I looked through the doors to get to the parking lot. “Carly, tell me again my we left our jackets in the car in February?” I spoke as we walked through the door, following the three guys. That got me nudge from Carly, yah, she could only put up with so much of my mood. “Shut up and be happy.” She spoke and caught up beside the guys, landing in beside Max and Jordan. I sighed, glancing around downtown Toronto. It seriously was a scary place at night, especially when you were my size and age. I caught up with the guys, finding myself beside Geno. “So, where are we going?” I asked no one in particular. Max answered, and smirked as I notice Jordan come over and stand beside me. “It’s a surprise.” Max spoke, and I felt a cloth wrap around my head. Now I was being blindfolded? What? This felt like some weird kidnapping movie. “Umm…” Then, I felt two people pick me up. “What the hell is…” Someone put their hand over my mouth. “Hey, we’ve got tape. I suggest you be quiet.” Max spoke, and I could hear Carly laughing. I had been forced to go, and now they were doing this to me? Something told me I was never going to go out alone with Carly ever again.

I felt myself being put into a large truck or car in the backseat, and someone sitting beside me while I heard other doors open and close while the car started. “Okay, seriously, tell me-..” Someone gently touched my arm, and a shiver ran up my spine. I could hear breathing close to my ear, and I was tense again. Oh how I wish I could take this blindfold off. I heard a chuckle, and the breathing made its way away from my ear. I sat there, in that vehicle, and wished I could see where we were going, and who was sitting beside me, and if Carly was in the automobile too.

The vehicle came to a stop, and I heard Max say ‘we’re here!’ which could be a bad or a good thing. I sighed, and felt someone take hold of me again. Leading me out of the car, we were all walking along the sidewalk now. Then I heard music, it got louder and louder until I knew we were inside some club. I sighed. Carly always knew a few places.

I listened and was lead up some stairs, and I was put on a couch, or a large chair while bodies sat down beside me. I could tell it was Max and Geno. “Can you please take this thing off of me now?” I spoke, clearly annoyed. Max laughed, and I could tell he was grinning. “Nope. You have to drink something first.” Carly spoke and I stuck my tongue out at her, wherever she was “Fine.” I held out my hand, and a glass was put in it. I sighed. Lifting the glass to my lips, I drank it quickly, and it burned down my throat, I made a face, and the blindfold was removed from my head. I looked around, welcomed my grinning facing. I sighed “How’d we get in here?” I spoke. We were in some club, in what seemed like the vip section, and, well, couldn’t they tell I was underage? “Do you even have to ask that?” Max spoke, grinning, and raising an eyebrow. “I guess not Superstar.” I spoke sarcastically, looking to Carly. “Can we leave now?” Carly looked at me, and I could tell she was angry. I kind of regretted those words leaving my mouth.

Just as she was about to yell at me, Jordan handed her a drink as he himself grabbed a glass and winked. I watched her as she quickly finished the drink, he too, and she led him down the stairs, and to the dance floor. I sighed. Great, she’d abandoned me, actually, that kind of made sense. I was being an idiot.

I looked to Max and Geno, not sure what to do now. I wasn’t much for dancing or drinking, hell; this drink was already getting me tipsy. What had they put in it? I looked to them. “So…” Max smirked, looked to Geno, and handed me another drink. I raised an eyebrow, and he did too. “C’mon, drink it yourself or I’m putting the blindfold back on.” Max smiled, and I watching him, drinking it. I looked to him glaring “I hate you.” I was getting drunk, after two drinks, whatever was in them, and it was pretty embarrassing. Why Carly? Why? “Eh, you’ll love me by the end of the night!” He spoke, ruffling my hair then got up from the coach, heading down the stairs, leaving me with Geno.

I looked to Geno, and he smiled. “You be fine in morning. Trust me.” Geno spoke, and I grinned. “Thanks Geno.” I spoke, and looked around, looking back to him. He grinned “Want dance?” He asked, giving me that dopey smile, and I grinned. I just could not say no to him. “Might as well.” I spoke, and we headed down the stairs, him half carrying me, as I was stumbling, and headed to the dance floor.


---

Sorry it took me so long to update. I've been so busy with school and stuff.
And sorry if that sucked. I kind of rushed it.
Anyways, please tell me what I can improve, ideas..
Tell me anything you want. XD

Thanks for reading. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment