Monday, May 3, 2010

Part 3

I watched as Max skated away from me, a huge grin plastered on his face. Oh yah, you could tell I was angry, and, he could probably too, which made me even angrier. I hated when guys acted like that, like they were smart, but seriously, they weren’t. Jeez, I would have rather gone bowling then do whatever Carly got me into here.

Looking around, I glanced to the four guys, and Carly, who seemed to be waiting at centre ice. What the hell was going on? I watched them, waiting for an explanation from someone. When no one said anything to me, I skated over to centre ice, and stood there.

Luckily, it was Carly who spoke first. “So, while you were off in your world, Sid made a bet here that you could beat Max at hockey.” I nodded, and smirked. I probably couldn’t beat him, but if I made him look bad for part of the time, then maybe I could crush his ego a bit, which made me happy. He needed a little disappointment in his life.

“Okay then, what’s the catch?” I spoke, looking to Carly. I knew since it was a bet, the loser had to do something, and usually Carly made it enjoyable for the winner, which, sucked it you were the loser obviously.

I watched Carly as she thought. I guess they hadn’t discussed anything else yet, which, I was kind of happy about. I did not want to know what they would have come up with. Looking to Carly, I watched as her thinking face turned into a huge, excited grin. “Ha. I got it. Since the ice is so pretty...” She looked at me and smirked, and I sighed. Oh, I just knew where she was going with this. “Loser has to make out with the ice.” I stared at her, and giggled. Oh boy, now I really needed to win.

I looked to the guys, their faces totally confused, or, shocked. They probably didn’t know where that came from. I wouldn’t either if I was in their situation. At least the ice was clean though, so, if I loss, it wouldn’t be like kissing a pond.

“Wait, what?” Max spoke, looking to the ice then back to Carly. “Pourquoi?” I then laughed. “She already told you, because it’s pretty. Now, can we just play? You guys ask too many questions.” I spoke, and looked to them. They still didn’t move. Oh, now what? More rules?

“We’re dividing up into teams to play. He..” Carly pointed to Max. “Thought it’d be easier on you.” I lookedd to Max, and glared. Why did guys always think that just because you were a girl, you couldn’t play hockey, or at least well? That was another thing that ticked me off. Looking to the other guys, Jordan was smirking, Geno was just smiling, and Sidney was smiling too. “Fine, what are the teams?” I asked, seriously getting tired of all of this oddly. Usually, I liked a good fight, despite what people thought of me.

“You’re with Jordan and I, and Max is with Sid and Geno.” Carly answered, and I shook my head. “Oh, no offense, but that’s unfair.” I watched them. “You can have Jordan.” I spoke, and smirked, getting a ‘hey, what’s wrong with me?’ type of look from Jordan. I turned back to them. “I get Sid or Geno.” I added. Looking to Carly, then watched as Sid skated over. That was good. I knew he had a sister who played. He sure knew what beating Max would mean then. “Okay, let’s play. Game goes to five goals.” I spoke, and took centre, looking to Sid and shrugging as he took left wing and Carly took right. Max smirked, and took centre. Jordan took left, and Geno took right wing.

I put the puck on the dot. “Ready?” He nodded. “N-“ He skated away with the puck before we did NHL, and I just looked at him, then to Carly who laughed. “Really, I didn’t think you were a cheater…” I spoke, and he came back. Some what annoyed. “Can’t we just say go?” I shook my head and laughed, looking to Carly who giggled. “You guys seriously call yourselves NHL players? And, no, we have to do it. Ready?” I spoke, and he nodded. “N.H.L!”

I took the puck, and put it through his legs, and passed to Sidney, while Max, Jordan, and Geno kind of watched us for a second, then came after us. Unfortunately, they could skate pretty fast, and me being short, I had to work extra hard. Sid passed back to me, and Geno was now in front of me, smiling. I grinned, and glanced around, looking to Carly who was open, and passed to her. Skating a head, and receiving a pass from Carly, and deking Jordan who was in front of the net, getting a goal. I stopped, and glanced around with a serious face, looking to Carly who had the same face as we skated off to the other end, looking back to them. “Well, it’s your turn to carry out the puck. C’mon!” I spoke, and watched as they had weird looks on their faces, and Sidney started to smile. “Yah, c’mon guys.” He skated toward us with a smile on his face, and then was beside us, waiting too for Max to carry it out too.

After a few moments, Max, Jordan, and Geno were skating up the ice with the puck, slight smiles on their faces. I watched, and looked to Carly who smirked. We skated up towards them, Carly covering Jordan as I went after Max. I was heading straight for him, and once I got close enough, I aimed for his shoulder and pushed him, taking the puck and skating off with a breakaway. “Hey! I thought there was no contact in girl’s hockey!” He yelled, clearly annoyed, even though he didn’t fall over. “There isn’t!” I yelled back, and smiled, as I shot the puck in the net, Kelli 2 – Max 0. I turned back to them and smiled, skating back to them. I could tell they were getting annoyed now, and I was so happy that they were, just what I wanted to do, drown their egos.

“That shouldn’t count though, there’s no contact in girls hockey.” Jordan spoke, annoyed too, while Geno just watched. I smiled, and looked to Carly who smirked, turning to Max and Jordan. “I didn’t realize you guys considered yourself girl’s hockey players.” I raised an eyebrow, and they understood what I meant, you should have seen their faces. Oh it was war now. “Fine, be that way.” Max spoke, and whispered something to Jordan that made him smirk. He nodded, and looked back to me. “Okay, our puck then.” Carly, Sid and I skated back to our end, while they went and grabbed the puck, skating up with it again, and as they passed it around, they managed to snake around us and get a goal. Oh well, we were still up by one. Now it was out turn to take the puck again.

Taking the puck on my stick, I carried it down the ice, passing the puck to Sid, who passed it to Carly who was in the middle of the ice, then to me, where I was close to the boards. I carried it along, and just when I was about to shoot, I was pushed against the boards by Jordan. Not enough to hurt me luckily, but enough to loose the puck and hold me there. I looked up at him, a huge grin on his face. He was still holding me against the boards, and since I was so much smaller then him, I had no way to get out, however hard I pushed him. I glared at him. “You should get a penalty for that.” He held me against the boards still, and leaned down, kind of mocking my shortness “But there’s no refs.” He grinned and held me there as everyone was down at the other end of the ice now, and Geno passed to Max, who scored a goal in the net, while I was pushed up against the boards by the jolly green giant, and guess what, he still didn’t move.

I looked to Jordan. It was like he was jello or something. His whole body covered mine, and I couldn’t get rid of him. “Excuse me; the goal went in the net.” Jordan nodded, still not moving. I shoved him again. He laughed. “I have orders to keep you here.” I looked down the ice, where Carly was watching us. Then she grinned, pointed, and skated towards us. She was picking up speed too. I smirked, I knew what was coming, but Jordan didn’t. His back was to her.

When Carly was close enough, she leapt up, and grabbed a hold of Jordan. Pulling him away from me, and I laughed. As soon as I was free. Carly leapt off his back, and we both skated away. He had no idea what just had happened.

I skated down to the other end with Carly, and Jordan eventually followed. All six of us just kind of stood there. Carly and I looked to each other, then we laughed, looking back to them. Watching as Max and Jordan seemed kind of angry, and Geno and Sid we smiling. “What? Just because you’re bigger then us doesn’t mean you can cheat. Hey, we should be the ones cheating anyways.” We smirked, and looked around. “K, next thee goals win.”

I spoke, and it was my teams turn with the puck again. We all got set up, and then I was headed down the ice with the puck. I passed to Carly, she passed back to me, then I passed to Sid who took the puck and carried it, getting us a goal. “Yes!” Carly and I said at the same time, giving each other props, and then headed over to Sid and gave him props, looking to Max and Jordan as they had the puck now. Already skating to the other end, and shooting the puck while Geno was still standing near us, shrugging. I laughed. “Oh well. That’s fine. Let them have their fun. They’re going to be crying when they loose to us, then the Leafs after.” Carly and I laughed, and then looked to Sid and Geno as they looked at us. “Oh, well, good luck against the Leafs.” I spoke, and they smirked a bit.

Soon the game was tied four to four. The next goal would win. I looked around the arena, and noticed as there were a couple people watching now. Oh gosh, just what I needed. I looked to Max, and then listened as Carly told us that now it should just be Max vs myself to get the last goal. I nodded, and looked to Max. He had a smile on his face. We were at centre ice once again. No one could hear us, but we were talking at centre ice. “K, let’s make this more interesting. If I win, you have to go make out with Jordan instead of the ice.” He whispered, and I looked at him. “Fine, if I win, then you have to go make out with Jordan.” I spoke, and smiled. He looked at me funny. “Trust me, I don’t want to as much as you do. Anyone that bugs me about being short gets and X on my list.” I spoke, and he nodded, smirking. “Fine.”

“N.H.L!” This time, Max got the puck, and skated down the ice. Oh no. I seriously did not want to loose. I skated after him, and just when he was about to shoot, I slashed my stick at his, causing him to loose the puck as I took it away and laughed. “Hey! That’s a penalty!” He spoke and skated after me. “No referees!” I yelled, and looked to Jordan who was glaring at me. That was probably a mistake though, because I looked in front of myself, and there were the boards not far away. Yah, you guessed it, I slammed into them.

When I opened my eyes a few seconds later, everyone was around me, and I looked at them. My head kind of hurt, but other then that I was fine. I looked to the puck that was in front of the net, then back to them. Had I scored before I went down? “What are you looking at?” I spoke, and stood up. Carly laughed. “Yup, you’re fine.” She looked to Max and grinned. I looked to them, then to Max who had a scared, and odd look on his face. “I scored didn’t I?” I asked, and raised an eyebrow. Oh it felt good to win. “K Max, you made a new bet.” I singled over to Jordan, then looked at Max. He stared at me. “You’re not going to make me do that are you?” Jordan was confused and raised an eyebrow. “Do what? Hey, wait a second here…” Max started to skate towards him, obviously he wasn’t going to do anything to him, but just watch him skate around him made me laugh.

“Okay, fine, you guys need to get a room. I don’t want to see any of that. I’m fine with just beating you.” I covered my eyes, and everyone laughed. Except for Jordan of course, who didn’t really think it was funny. Max stopped, laughed, and him and Jordan came back over to us.

Carly looked to me, and noticed I looked kind of pale. “Do you need some ice or something?” She asked me, and I nodded no. I felt pretty good, except that my head was pounding, but it didn’t bother me that much. I looked to them, with their eyes all on me. “You should at least get checked out.” Sidney spoke, and before I knew it, I was forced off with them, to their dressing room to get checked out.

As it turned out, I was completely fine, and was just given an ice pack to put on my head, which I did. They were still staring at me though and I back at them. “What, you want me to cry or something?” Which made Carly laugh, because, she knew I never cried. They laughed too. What? Was everything I said that funny? “What yours names?” Geno asked, making signals to the both of us. Oh, I forgot we hadn’t introduced ourselves. I looked to Carly. “I’m Carly, and this is Kelli.” She spoke. I nodded, and looked to them. “Who are you?” I asked, seriously, which, made them give us a funny look, and we laughed. “She’s kidding. She’s just feisty sometimes.” Carly spoke, and ruffled my hair. “Oww...” I spoke, and grinned. That didn’t hurt at all, and Carly shoved me. “Haha. Sure. Shut up.” There was still over two hours before the game. I looked to the four hockey players. Not really sure what to do next.

“Where are you guys sitting?” Sidney asked. I sighed, oh yah, I forgot we’d be at ice level in their end. “In your end, at ice level.” Carly spoke, and sat down in one of the chairs. They smiled. Then Max smirked. “No winking at us okay?” He spoke, and grinned, which made them all smile bigger. “Ha. Don’t count on it. The only reason we’d do that is so you get distracted so that the Leafs will win.” I spoke, getting off the examining table, smiling. Max laughed. “Fine, fine…”

We stood there a bit longer, Carly sitting, and were just kind of looking at each other. “Umm…” I wasn’t sure what to say, and neither was Carly. We just looked at them. “You guys probably need to get ready.” I spoke, and looked to Carly. She nodded. “Yah, I guess we’ll see you on the ice.” She spoke, and smiled. I nodded. “Yah, good luck. You’re going to need it.” I smirked, and then laughed. They all laughed and we headed for the door. We still had to go grab out stuff from the bench. Hopefully no one had taken it.

Before we reached the door, Carly dragged me away from the door, and pushed me towards them. “Can we have hugs, just to give the Leafs some of your good luck?” Carly asked, and smirked. I laughed, then was consumed in a hug first from Geno, then from Max, then from Jordan, and then from Sid. Carly got hugs too. “Yay! Okay, let’s go grab our stuff Kelli. See ya!” Carly yelled and dragged me off. Smiles on those pros faces.

When we got back to the bench, Carly and I were stunned when all of our stuff was gone, including our tickets. “Oh no...” I spoke, and looked to Carly who was just as freaked out as I was. “Let’s just go find security, they can probably help us.” I nodded, and followed her off as we went to find someone was.

Finally, we found a guy. He was a bit overweight, and eating a bag of chips. “Umm, hi, we were wondering if you saw..” Carly started to speak, then was cut off. “Hey, what are you two doing in here?!” Carly and I looked to each other, and tried to explain, before he tried to grab us. “Oh no! Run Kelli!” Carly yelled, and we took off, running through the rink, the guard running after us. We were screaming at the top of our lungs, because, well, this guy reminded us of a bear. It was scary.

Oh yah, we were probably I very interesting sight to watch. We were running all over the arena, and soon we found ourselves running, and yelling through the dressing room halls. Making our way back to the benches, we hid there, and waited. We had lost the guys a while back.

We were just sitting up against the board of the bench, when we saw a shadow, and someone appear from around the corner. We both screamed in unison, and then smirked. It was Geno, suited up; I guess they were going to have a quick practise. He looked at us completely confused, and we just smiled, putting our finger to our mouths, and going ‘shhhhh’. He nodded, winked at us, and headed out onto the ice. Phew. That was a close one. I looked to Carly, who laughed, and we both got up, looking around. We headed back turned to the corner to get off the bench, and of course, I knocked right into Jordan. He looked at us and smirked. “You guys just can’t get enough of us can’t you?” He spoke, Max coming up behind him and Sid too. They laughed.

We rolled her eyes and smirked, and Geno came over to the bench, going ‘shhh’ which made Carly and I laugh, and look to them, nodding. We looked past them though, and we saw the security guard, but, he was sitting in a gold cart. I guess it was faster for him. Carly and I looked to each other, and screamed. “Oh fuck he’s got a golf cart!” Carly yelled, and we knew we wouldn’t be able to get around him. So I looked around, to the ice, and smirked. “C’mon!” I grabbed Carly and pulled her onto the ice, slipping a bit as I had my running shoes on, then made my way over to the other bench and hopped the boards, Carly following me. He wouldn’t be able to turn around that fast. Carly and I laughed, the Pens players still watching us. Now the whole team was practically watching us as we ran down the other benches hall, screaming, getting a head start from the guard.

Then, we found a place to hide for a while, but he found us again. We were running up the stairs now, and we had made our way out to the seats area of the arena. Now we were running through the platinum seats, still yelling, the guard still following us. It was so funny, Carly and I were laughing as we ran, the Pen’s players and coach were all laughing and watching us too as we ran around like lunatics.

We were circling around the arena, climbing over seats, and now there were more security guards chasing us. Oh gosh, it looked like a game of cops and robbers. Carly and I kept running, and then she stopped me as we came to our seats. We sat down, and looked around; our bags were sitting right in front of us. Oh thank god someone was smart enough to put our stuff where our seats were. We both burst out laughing. Everyone was still watching us. Then, the security guards caught up to us. Ready to take us out in handcuffs, but we showed them our tickets, and we laughed. They all glared at the security guard that was chasing us in the first place, and left, all angry that they couldn’t do anything with us.

Carly and I smiled to each other. Then looked to the ice rink where all eyes were still on us, everyone laughing and grinning. I felt embarrassed again, Carly grinned. “Everything’s under control! You can carry on!” She shouted, and we both laughed, so did the players, and they carried on with their practise. Each time one of them came over to where we were sitting, the looked at us, and smiled. Each time Max came over, we winked at him. The first time, he looked at us and missed the puck, and we laughed. The next few times it was like a winking war though. Whoever winked first won, and, soon Jordan joined in on the game too, which caused them to take extra laps at the end of practise, which, we enjoyed watching them suffer while everyone watched and laughed at them.

When their practise was over, practically the whole team waved at us, and went off to get ready for the game. We sat there for a while, just relaxing, and then went off to get something quick to eat, eager for the game to start in a little while.

---

Yah, that wasn't as good as it should have been. :/ Oh well.

Have any ideas of what should happen next?

Thanks for reading once again. I appreciate it! :D

Also, which players should the main focus be around? It's getting kind of hard included all four of these guys. Haha. So, pick who you want to read about! Please! :) I'm seriously begging you, decisions do no go with me. I'm like allergic to them. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Personally I want to see a Geno story - there are hundreds of stories about Kris, Sid, Jordan and Max so a Geno story would be amazing.... she seems to have this flirty manner with Max, so maybe she could mess around with him a bit but be friends with Geno, and get closer to him... I don't know. But a Geno/Max story is what I'd like... like to see who wins the game and see where Kelli and Carly's loyalties lie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yah that sounds good! :D
    I just keep fearing I'm portraying their characters all wrong, so it sounds nothing like how they actually are. Lol.
    Thanks so much. :)

    After I finish my homework I'm going to try to do part 4. Maybe, I might even do part 5 too! I'll see. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chapter was hysterical! The two of them being chased by security! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. Haha. I'm glad you liked it! :D
    I love to make people laugh, so, I hoping to make this story sort of funny, just because there are so many completely serious ones out there.

    I really appreciate you reading and commenting! (: Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete